Tuesday 30 October 2012

kathryn and jared

Last Friday I went on a photo shoot with Kathryn and Jared - Kathryn being the sister of Brittany - in Hamilton at Church Hill Park. It was a super chill shoot as we only decided on the location last minute due to the rain and general dreariness outside. I remember seeing a photo a friend took of the park recently and decided we had to go down there. Well the park didn't disappoint as it was absolutely stunning with bright yellow leaves everywhere and the trees sheltered us from the rain.

Anytime I go out on a shoot, I always do my research to get ideas for angles and poses. I even make sketches that are so poorly drawn that I end up writing a paragraph explaining the drawing just to embed it into my brain. I was set on breaking my boundaries and pushing myself with this shoot so I can grow and learn from experience. It's so nice when you're working with great people who are willing to accommodate this, so big thanks to Jared and Kathryn!

I hope my growth as a photographer has translated into this photo set. I tried different poses, did a 180 on my editing style and visualized the end result before shooting. I'll be doing a blog post soon on my change in editing style and how I go about editing, so watch out for that. So till then, enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/killthemessenger/8137231941/

I've been having some issues with monitor calibration so I hope the colours look as good on your monitor as they do on mine. Urgh, the technicalities of photography -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment